How to get around
Getting around in the Cider Country
Astigarraga and its surroundings form the main nucleus of the Cider Country and there are several public transport and of leisure options.
Bus tickets are for adults and children who are not carried in someone’s arms. Baby seats and prams must purchase a ticket as well. The price is usually about €2 one way. Normally, the schedules are continuous from approximately 6:30a.m. to 10:00p.m.
At night, there are companies that offer night transport in the cider season (February-May) and part of the weekends. For more information, consult the itinerary and schedules in the following list.
- Hernani > Astigarraga > Martutene > Donostia-San Sebastián
- Donostia-San Sebastián > Martutene > Astigarraga > Hernani
- Hernani > Astigarraga > Donostia-San Sebastián
- Donostia-San Sebastián > Astigarraga > Hernani
- Hernani > Aiete > Donostia-San Sebastián
- Donostia-San Sebastián > Aiete > Hernani
- Andoain > Urnieta > Hernani > Donostia-San Sebastián
- Donostia-San Sebastián > Hernani > Urnieta > Andoain
- Hernani > Lasarte-Oria > Zubieta > Usurbil
- Usurbil > Zubieta> Lasarte-Oria > Hernani
Lines UK09, UK10 y UK11
- Usurbil> Urbil (Lasarte)> Donostia
- Donostia> Urbil (Lasarte)> Usurbil
This is without a doubt the most economical and healthy way to get around the Cider Country. Gipuzkoa has more than 300 kilometres of bike paths (bidegorris) and perfectly marked bike lanes connecting Donostia-San Sebastian with Astigarraga, Hernani, Urnieta, and Andoain. (See map in new window)
Hernani > Andoain
Distance: 7,871 Km // See route on bike path from Hernani to Andoain
Martutene (Donostia-San Sebastián) > Astigarraga > Hernani
Distance: 4,676 Km // See route on bike path from Martutene to Hernani
Trains do not stop in Astigarraga, but they do have stops in several prominent cider villages in the Cider Country. The RENFE commuter train from Gipuzkoa runs the route from Brinkola-Zumarraga to the town of Irun. It usually comes every half an hour in general, and it is a comfortable option to reach Hernani and Urnieta. The other train route is managed by EUSKOTREN and is the best option to get to Usurbil without a vehicle.
- Donostia-San Sebastián > Loiola > Martutene > Hernani > Hernani (centro) > Urnieta
- Urnieta > Hernani (centro) > Hernani > Martutene > Loiola > Donostia-San Sebastián
- Donostia-San Sebastián (Amara) > Lugaritz > Añorga > Errekalde > Usurbil
- Usurbil > Errekalde > Añorga > Lugaritz > Donostia-San Sebastián (Amara)
There are taxi stops in the main towns, and many of them in Donostia-San Sebastian, where you can find one or call for a pickup. Their schedules vary, usually they are from 7:00a.m. to 11:00p.m., although many of them offer 24-hour service. The rates are related to services between towns (intercity) and minimum taxi counter starts at €6. Prices at night are more expensive. On the other hand, taxi drivers also offer “waiting hours”, or better yet, you can arrange to meet at a specific time so they can take you on the way back.
- Taxi Hernani: 943 550 093 // Radio Taxi Biteri: 943 34 03 42
- Taxi Urnieta: 686 28 03 31
- Jose Echave: 677 37 34 66 // Angel Biurrun: 607 92 87 70
- Radio Taxi Donostia: 943 46 46 46 // Vallina: 943 39 38 48
To get around by car, you should to take two things into account: The roads are good for getting to towns; they are national and provincial roads. In addition, there are plenty of free places to park in the towns as long as you avoid the centre. The infrastructure allows you to reach any cider town in less than half an hour.
Donostia-San Sebastián > Astigarraga by GI-41
Distance: 6,2 Km (14 min) // See route
Donostia-San Sebastián > Hernani by A-15
Distance: 11 Km (16 min) // See route
Donostia> Urnieta by A-15
Distance: 11,6 Km (18 min) // See route
Donostia> Usurbil by GI-20 and N-634
Distance: 11,7 Km (18 min) // See route
Astigarraga> Hernani by A-15
Distance: 7,9 Km (10 min) // See route
Astigarraga> Usurbil by GI-20
Distance: 14,4 Km (16 min) // See route
Astigarraga> Urnieta by A-15
Distance: 8,5 Km (12 min) // See route
Mapa de autobuses
Mapa de trenes de cercanías
Mapa de bidegorris
LURRALDEBUS AND MUGI
Use any of the Lurraldebus or Mugi cards in the urban services of Donostia-San Sebastian, Irun, Arrasate, Hernani, Eibar, and Errenteria on the Lurraldebus interurban services and in the Eusko Tren railway lines and you will benefit from discounts both ways.