International cider competition
Who can enter the competition?
Cider producers from all over the world. The aim of this 1st Cider, Perry and Derivatives Championship is to honour the best European and world products through highly-professional ratings. The championship will be held on 25th November at Orona Foundation’s facilities in Hernani, very close to the beautiful city of San Sebastian.
What are the competition categories?
- Natural Basque Cider
- Natural Asturias Cider
- Traditional French Cider
- Traditional English Cider
- Modern Cider
- Premium Carbonated Cider
- Flavoured Cider and Perry
- Ice Cider
Why participate in this Cider Competition?
- This Cider Competition will be judged by an international committe or renowned cider tasters from USA, Great Britain, Germany, France and Italy.
- The national comitte include wine sommelliers from renwoned spanish restaurants, BJCP judges, Wine and Beer journalists and bloggers from all around the country.
- The standard of the competition is guaranteed by the team of experienced professionals in International Competitions.
- Medals will be awarded according to points reached:
– Bronce medal: 30-37 points
– Silver medal: 38-44 points
– Gold medal: 45-50 points
- “Best of category” will received a “Chapela“ and “Best of Show“, will receive a prestigious trophy originals designed by the prestigious sculptor from Alkiza Koldobika Jauregi.
- In the Awards catalogue will only be listed ciders with the minimum score, 30 points.
What can an award from the Cider Competition bring you?
- Rising prestige and value of your products among Wine and Beer dealers in Spain.
- The right to affix appropriate medal stickers to your bottles and the possibility to show the award reproduced in your promotional materials.
- Award promotion among media partners.
- Enter all required information in registration for the international cider competition.
- The registration fee is 15€ for each product entered in the competition. Please proceed with the payment by bank transfer or by credit card in registration for the international cider competition.
- A maximum of two products may be presented per category.
- Final date for registration: 18th November 2017. We strongly encourage entrants to register early and ship early to ensure that weather-related delays or other unforeseen events don’t prevent their entries from being judged at this year’s competition.
- Please send 3 samples of 75cl/50cl or 4 samples of 33cl to:
Fraisoro Laboratorio Agroambiental
Finca Fraisoro s/n
Gipuzkoa – Spain
- The Award winners will be charged a further expense contribution of:
– 50€ Bronce, Silver or Gold Medals
– 70€ Best of class
– 100€ Best of Show
- Medals will be awarded according to points reached::
– Bronce Medal 30-37 points
– Silver Medal 38-44 points
– Gold Medal 45-50 points
- For each Class, a “Best of Class“, will be awarded by a selected Tasting Committe.
- Finally, between all “Best in Class“, a “Best of Show“ will be elected among the Tasting Commite.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
We look forward to you being a part of Sagardo Forum International Competition this year!