Covid-19: Prevention and safety measures
- Face coverings must be worn throughout the experience: reception area, outdoors, museum space and shop.
- See more
Activities included in the experience
- Guided tour of the Ondramuño cheese factory (Idiazabal), where the well-known Aranburu family makes Idiazabal cheese. The visit includes an audiovisual presentation and a cheese tasting.
- Guided tour of the Sagardoetxea – Basque Cider Museum (Astigarraga). The guided tour includes a tasting of cider, grape must, and liqueur.
- Lunch at a traditional cider house. Traditional cider menu consisting of cod omelette, fried cod with peppers, rib eye steak, cheese with walnuts and quince and cider with a “txotx”.
NOTE: Transportation not included. If transport is required, please make a note in the reservation observations (next step).
- Hours: July, August, September, Easter and Holy Week (2 weeks), Christmas (2 weeks), and groups larger than 10 people every day at 10:30a.m. If not, every Wednesday and weekend at 10:30a.m.
- Duration: 6 hours
- When can I go? Throughout the year
- Who is it for? Individual, groups, families, and couples
- Languages: Spanish (with prior reservation), Basque (with prior reservation), French (with prior reservation) and English (with prior reservation)
Meeting point: Ondramuño cheese factory – Aranburu cheeses (Ondramuño country house – Idiazabal) GPS coordinates: 43.015348, -2.230675
- How to get there:
- By car: park in the Ondramuño cheese factory parking lot (Ondramuño country house).
- By public transport: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Frantzia pasealekua, 22) take the RENFE train (Line C-1 Irun-Brinkola) to Ordizia. Then take the bus line (Line G0003) to Idiazabal.
- Adults: 40€
- Children ages 0-3: free
- Children ages 4-17: 22€
- Enjoy a culinary experience in Idiazabal territory and the Cider Country.
- Savour two-star products of Basque cuisine: cider and Idiazabal cheese.
- Enjoy the authenticity of the cider house experience.