Activities included in the experience
- Tasting different varieties of apples and distinction of flavours
- Selection of apple varieties for the production of juice
- Picking apples with a “kizkia” (stick with pointed end)
- Crushing apples with crushers
- Crushing and pressing apples
- Tasting the elaborated apple juice
– In order join this workshop, you must visit Sagardoetxea previously (see ticket types).
– Each group will consist of a maximum of 25 people.
- Closed Mondays
- Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00a.m.-1:30p.m. and 4:00p.m.-7:30p.m.
- Sundays and holidays: 11:00a.m.-1:30p.m.
- See other schedules for groups.
- 20 min
When can I go?
- In September, October, and November
Who is it for?
- Spanish, Basque, French, and English (with prior reservation)
- Sagardoetxea, Basque Cider Museum (Kale Nagusia, 48 – Astigarraga).
- GPS coordinates: 43.281204, -1.946554″
How to get there
- By car: park in the centre of Astigarraga (Kale Nagusia) and in the industrial park (Donostia ibilbidea) Estimated time from parking: 5-10 min.
- By bus line: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Okendo kalea) and from Hernani (Txirrita kalea): Lines A1 and A2 See schedules Estimated time from stop: 5 min.
- Participate in the entire process of making apple juice.
- Learn to distinguish apple varieties used for making cider.
- Taste the juice you made on your own.