Activities included in the experience
- Tour of the apple orchard, where the culture of the apple can be appreciated in a dynamic and educational way
- Tour of the museum, where you learn about the past, present, and future of the apple and cider, and the entire cider-making process
- Barrel tasting with the new cider, along with chestnuts
- Guided cider tasting in the traditional “txotx” style, apple wort, and a liqueur. The initiation to the “txotx” is done for everyone who wants to learn the ritual and secrets that accompany cider consumption before going to a cider house: how to hold the glass, inclination to get a good foam or “txinparta”, visualization of the tone, meaning of the different colours, and distinction of the aromas.
- December 6-8th: 11:00-13:30 and 16:00-19:30.
- December 9th: 11:00-13:30
- 1 hour
When can I go?
- December Holidays
Who is it for?
- Individuals, families, couples, groups
- Spanish, Basque, French, and English (with prior reservation)
- Sagardoetxea, Basque Cider Museum (Kale Nagusia, 48 – Astigarraga).
- GPS coordinates: 43.281204, -1.946554″
How to get there
- By car: park in the centre of Astigarraga (Kale Nagusia) and in the industrial park (Donostia ibilbidea) Estimated time from parking: 5-10 min.
- By bus line: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Okendo kalea) and from Hernani (Txirrita kalea): Lines A1 and A2 See schedules Estimated time from stop: 5 min.
- Discover the ancient traditions celebrated at this time of year.
- Discover the culture of cider.