Activities included in the experience
- Guided tour of the apple orchard, where the culture of the apple can be appreciated in a dynamic and educational way. The following activities: picking apples with a “kizkia” (stick with pointed end).
- Guided tour of the museum, where you learn about the past, present, and future of the apple and cider, and the entire process of making cider.
- Guided cider tasting in the traditional “txotx” style, apple wort, and a liqueur. The initiation to the “txotx” is done for everyone who wants to learn the ritual and secrets that accompany cider consumption before going to a cider house: how to hold the glass, inclination to get a good foam or “txinparta”, visualization of the tone, meaning of the different colours, and distinction of the aromas.
– A group is 10 people or more.
– Cider tasting can be accompanied with a pintxo tasting (optional).
- Closed Mondays (except in July and August).
- Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00a.m.-1:30p.m. and 4:00p.m.-7:30p.m.
- Sundays and holidays: 11:00a.m.-1:30p.m.
- See other schedules for groups.
- 1 hour
When can I go?
- Throughout the year
Who is it for?
- Spanish, Basque, French, and English (with prior reservation)
- Sagardoetxea, Basque Cider Museum (Kale Nagusia, 48 – Astigarraga).
- GPS coordinates: 43.281204, -1.946554″
How to get there
- By car: park in the centre of Astigarraga (Kale Nagusia) and in the industrial park (Donostia ibilbidea) Estimated time from parking: 5-10 min.
- By bus line: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Okendo kalea) and from Hernani (Txirrita kalea): Lines A1 and A2 See schedules Estimated time from stop: 5 min.
- Learn about the roots and culture of Basque cider in a interactive way.
- Visit an educational area, in contact with nature.
- Learn the secrets that accompany the cider tasting with a “txotx”.