Activities included in the experience
- Tour of the apple orchard, where the culture of the apple can be appreciated in a dynamic and educational way.
- Tour of the museum, where you learn about the past, present, and future of the apple and cider, and the entire cider-making process.
- Cider, apple wort, and a liqueur tasting. The initiation to the “txotx” is done for everyone who wants to learn the ritual and secrets that accompany cider consumption before going to a cider house: how to hold the glass, inclination to get a good foam or “txinparta”, visualization of the tone, meaning of the different colours, and distinction of the aromas.
- Closed Mondays (except on July and August).
- Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00a.m.-1:30p.m. and 4:00p.m.-7:30p.m.
- Sundays and holidays: 11:00a.m.-1:30p.m.
- 1 hour
When can I go?
- Throughout the year
Who is it for?
- Individuals, families, and couples
- Spanish, Basque, French, and English (with prior reservation)
- Sagardoetxea – Basque Cider Museum (Kale Nagusia, 48 – Astigarraga)
- GPS coordinates: 43.281204, -1.946554
How to get there
- By car: park in the centre of Astigarraga (Kale Nagusia) and in the industrial park (Donostia ibilbidea) Estimated time from parking: 5-10 min.
- By bus line: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Okendo kalea) and from Hernani (Txirrita kalea): Lines A1 and A2 See schedules Estimated time from stop: 5 min.
- Learn about the roots and culture of Basque cider in a interactive way.
- Visit an educational area, in contact with nature.
- Learn the secrets that accompany the cider tasting with a “txotx”.