Activities included in the experience
- Guided tour of the apple orchard, where the culture of the apple can be appreciated in a dynamic and educational way. On the tour of the apple orchard, you pick apples with a “kizkia” (stick with pointed end), crush apples with mashers, and do another activity depending on the season of the year:
– In spring: “Apple in bloom” Pollination, the world of bees, and pest and diseases of apple trees.
– In autumn: “Apple picking” Cider apple tasting and the complete process of apple juice: picking apples with a “kizkia” (stick with pointed end), and crushing apples with mashers, pressing, and tasting the elaborated wort. Analysis of processed wort: density, bacteria, yeasts, etc.
– In winter: “Sowing time” Sowing seeds, formation of apple trees, and grafts.
- Guided tour of the Sagardoetxea museum.
- Closed Mondays
- Tuesday through Friday from 11:00a.m.-1:30p.m. and 4:00p.m.-7:30p.m.
- See other schedules for schoolchildren.
- 1 hour
When can I go?
Who is it for?
- Spanish, Basque, French, and English (with prior reservation)
- Sagardoetxea, Basque Cider Museum (Kale Nagusia, 48 – Astigarraga).
- GPS coordinates: 43.281204, -1.946554″
How to get there
- By bus: park in the centre of Astigarraga (Kale Nagusia) and in the industrial park (Donostia ibilbidea) Estimated time from parking: 5-10 min.
- By bus line: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Okendo kalea) and from Hernani (Txirrita kalea): Lines A1 and A2 See schedules Estimated time from stop: 5 min.
- Try a new activity every season of the year.
- Visit an educational area, in contact with nature.
- Learn about the roots and culture of Basque cider in a interactive way.