Activities included in the experience
- Dynamic, educational guided tour of the orchard, discovering apple culture. Activities to be carried out: picking apples with a kizkia stick.
- Guided tour of the museum, discovering the past, present and future of the apple and cider, and the complete cider-making process
- Special tasting of apple-based products accompanied by several gourmet tapas:
- Apple-based products: Traditional “txotx” style natural cider, apple must, sparkling cider, liqueur and spirit. The introduction to txotx is an insight into the ritual and the secrets that accompany the tasting of natural cider: the way to hold the glass, the slant necessary to achieve a good sparkle or txinparta, visualization of the tone, the meaning of the different colours and distinction of the aromas.
- Gourmet tapas: Tuna sandwich with anchovy and chilli pepper, chorizo cooked in cider and Idiazabal cheese with sweet apple preserve and nuts.
NOTE: The visit and the tasting session will count on a private guide.
- Hours: Tuesday through Saturday at 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 or 19:00. Sundays and holidays: 11:00, 12:00 or 13:00.
- Duration: 1 hour
- When can I go? Throughout the year.
- Who is it for? Individuals, families and couples.
- Languages: Spanish (with prior reservation), Basque (with prior reservation), French (with prior reservation) and English (with prior reservation).
- Meeting point: Sagardoetxea – Basque Cider Museum (Kale Nagusia, 48 – Astigarraga) GPS coordinates: 43.281204, -1.946554
- How to get there:
- By car: park in the centre of Astigarraga (Kale Nagusia) and in the industrial park (Donostia ibilbidea) Estimated time from parking: 5-10 min.
- By bus line: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Okendo kalea) and from Hernani (Txirrita kalea): Lines A1 and A2 See schedules. Estimated time from stop: 5 min.
- Adults: 22€ (guided tour, cider tasting and 3 gourmet tapas)
- Chidren: 10€ (guided tour, apple juice tasting and 2 tapas)
- Discover the roots and culture of Basque cider in a hands-on experience.
- Visit an educational space, in contact with nature.
- Enjoy local cuisine.
- Know and taste different types of cider.