Conferences of III. Sagardo Forum celebrated on 21-22 of November 2019 in Orona Ideo (Hernani):
The Raw Material: Apple Growing and Culture
– Organic apple cultivation in the world
Speaker: Josef Telfser (Italy), Member of the Organic Agriculture working group at the Laimburg Research Center.
– The expression of the apple in its fermented products
Speaker: Rémi Bauduin (France), Chief of transformation at the French Institute of Cider Productions.
– Presentation of Tokipomes and pollination projects
Speaker: Carlos Miranda, Department of Agronomy, Biotechnology and Food. Public University of Navarra (UPNA).
– Genetic diversity of apple trees in Europe
Speaker: Jorge Urrestarazu, Researcher of the Advanced Fruit and Viticulture group. Public University of Navarra (UPNA).
Cider tourism: Txotx experience:
– The experience at the cider houses
Speaker: Mikel Garaizabal, Wine and cider culture spreader, oenologist and sommelier.
– Socioeconomical impact of cider houses in the Basque Country
Speaker: Lander Imaz, Basquetour Product Manager.
– Family tourism at cider houses
Speaker: Nekane Igarriz, Representative of Hagoos travel agency.
– Digital promotion of cider houses
Speaker: Iñaki Lakarra, Computer expert of Mondragon Unibertsitatea.
Diversification of cider in the world:
– The experience of Armagh
Speaker: Sara Mcgeary (Northem Ireland), Tourism development and marketing professional in Armagh, Banbridge y Craigavon.
– Cider Academy
Speaker: Gabe Cook (England), Representative of Beer & Cider Academy.